Top Stories in Special Sections
Alameda County Industries (ACI), the company that provides trash pickup service to the Island City, has found itself in the middle of a labor...
The assertion in the editor’s note in rebuttal to Stewart Chen’s explanation about his conviction for conduct that happened more than 20 years...
I appreciate what Ben Cable and Marcial McCarthy Bolina did (“Cable-Bolina Wedding,” Feb. 13), but their challenge to California’s ban
The Park Street Business Association (PSBA) board of drectors extends a special congratulations to the very first recipients of the newly created...
George Phillips recently visited Switzerland with his daughter,
Top Stories in Main Sections
Managers of Alameda’s Harbor Bay and Main Street ferry services and city officials are hosting a pair of public hearings this month
In response to the recent increase in vehicle-pedestrian collisions, the Alameda Police Department’s
This year, the Have a Heart Gala which benefits Alameda’s Midway Shelter
While Alameda’s local schools are friendly rivals for sure, the class presidents representing the student leadership of Alameda, Encinal and St....
Twin Towers United Methodist Church, 1411 Oak St., will host the sixth Women in Military History event at noon, Saturday,
by updateWhat's NEW
- What’s Happening on the West End?
- District Concerned about Sun Policies
- Full Slate of Events at USS Hornet Museum
- High Schools Announce 2014 Prom Dress Sale
- Letters to the Editor
- Twin Towers Celebrates Women in Military History
- PARK STREET SHOPPING & ENTERTAINMENT GUIDE
- Five Alameda Basketball Teams Enter Postseason
- All Star Swimmers Represent Island City Well in Burlingame
- Local Happenings
by viewsWhat's POPULAR
- New Alameda Idol Crowned for 2006
- Wombats Taste Like Pork, So They Say
- Is Your Property Quake-Ready?
- Best Kiss Contest 2009
- New Rules Promote Senior-Friendly Homes
- Congrats to the Class of 2007!
- Don't Let Rashes Get Under Your Skin
- Coast Guard Seizes Drugs
- Murdered Teen's Family Holds Press Conference
- Shakedown City
Alameda Sun is independently owned and unaffiliated with any other newspaper. It comes out once a week on Thursdays, and is supported solely by its advertisers and subscribers – you, the good people of Alameda. Its editorial focus is to report accurately and fairly the community news that affects all of Alameda, from the West End to the East End, from Bay Farm to Alameda Point.