Apply for Measure H Parcel Tax Exemption

Property owners who are 65 years of age or older or receive Supplemental Security Income (SSI) for a disability are eligible for an exemption to Measure H, the recently passed $120 school parcel tax that will be included on the 2008-2009 Alameda County property tax bill.

Exemption forms may be obtained from the Alameda Unified School District Business Office, 2200 Central Ave., Room 105; any branch of the Alameda Free Library; Mastick Senior Center, 1155 Santa Clara Ave.; or from the school district's Web site,

Exemption forms must be received in the school district business office no later than 4:30 p.m. on Thursday, July 10.

Residents who have already applied for an exemption to Measure A, the $189 school parcel tax; or have already renewed their exemptions to Measure A need not request an exemption to Measure H.

J To be eligible for a senior exemption you must be 65 years of age by June 30, 2009, and provide proof of birth date.

J To be eligible for an exemption due to a disability, you must provide a copy of your Social Security Administration Benefits Verification Letter. This can be requested by calling 800-772-1213, or by visiting a local Social Security Administration Office.

J All requests must include proof of residency and the Assessor's Parcel Number from your property tax bill.


Add comment

Security code