AFD Fire Wire
AFD Fire Wire
Sunday, Feb. 8
Emergency medical responses: 3:01 a.m. Santa Clara Avenue; 5:03 a.m. Peach Street; 8:45 a.m. Webster Street; 9:01 a.m. Lincoln Avenue; 2:20 p.m. Webster; 2:26 p.m. Bay Street; 5:31 p.m. Admiralty Lane; 5:53 p.m. Lincoln; 6:08 p.m. Admiralty; 8:28 p.m. Lincoln; 9:36 p.m. Central Avenue; 10:11 p.m. Shore Line Drive; 10:39 p.m. Lincoln; 10:57 p.m. Mound Street.
Fire responses: 8:08 a.m. 3100 block of Mecartney Road, commercial fire alarm.
• 10:33 a.m. 1400 block of Webster Street, apartment fire alarm.
• 12:11 p.m. 3300 block of Cook Lane, citizen assist.
• 12:18 p.m. 400 block of Buena Vista Avenue, apartment fire alarm.
Monday, Feb. 9
Emergency medical responses: 2:32 a.m. Corpus Christi Road; 6:51 a.m. Sherman Street; 7:14 a.m. San Jose Avenue; 7:48 a.m. Lincoln Avenue; 8:08 a.m. Court Street; 8:16 a.m. Holly Oak Lane; 11:12 a.m. Encinal Avenue; 11:31 a.m. Broadway; 11:33 a.m. South Shore Center; 11:35 a.m. Mecartney Road; 2:08 p.m. Clinton Avenue; 2:51 p.m. Webb Avenue; 2:56 p.m. Park Street; 3:01 p.m. Shannon Circle; 3:35 p.m. Santa Clara Avenue; 10:06 p.m. Central Avenue.
Fire response: 7:48 a.m. 400 block of Buena Vista Avenue, report of a smoke alarm activating with smoke inside an apartment. Firefighters met with the resident who told them that a small stove fire was already out. Crewmembers made certain that the fire was out and had not spread. They ventilated the residence of residual smoke.
Tuesday, Feb. 10
Emergency medical responses: 3:41 a.m. Santa Clara Avenue; 6:27 a.m. Pearl Street; 6:58 a.m. Westline Drive; 7:05 a.m. Garfield Avenue; 7:30 a.m. Clement Avenue; 9:53 a.m. Moreland Drive; 10:17 a.m. Moreland; 10:50 a.m. Sixth Street; 11:39 a.m. Santa Clara Avenue; 1:34 p.m. Buena Vista Avenue; 4:11 p.m. Sixth; 4:15 p.m. Central Avenue; 5:16 p.m. Webster Street; 5:44 p.m. Webster; 6:18 p.m. San Antonio Avenue; 10:47 p.m. Lincoln Avenue.
Fire responses: 9:52 a.m. 2300 block of Shore Line Drive, apartment fire alarm.
• 2:44 p.m. 1300 block of Marina Village Parkway, commercial fire alarm.
• 9:12 p.m. 2000 block of Grand Street, report of an outside odor. Crewmembers determined the odor was coming from a fuel spill in the Oakland Estuary. They were unable to identify the source of the spill. They notified the Coast Guard and the harbormaster.
Wednesday, Feb. 11
Emergency medical responses: 12:28 a.m. Clay Street; 1:54 a.m. East 17th Street in Oakland; 3:21 a.m. Otis Drive; 8:49 a.m. Eagle Avenue; 9:36 a.m. Westline Drive; 9:56 a.m. Capetown Drive; 10:42 a.m. Park Avenue; 11:15 a.m. Via Bonita; 1:05 p.m. South Shore Center; 9:52 p.m. Park Street; 10:56 p.m. McKay Avenue.
Fire responses: 12:18 p.m. Third Street, block number not given, report of a trash-bin fire. The fire was out when the firefighters arrived. Before clearing the call, crewmembers made certain that the fire was completely out.
• 4:10 p.m. 400 block of Buena Vista Avenue, apartment fire alarm.
• 5:53 p.m. 700 block of Santa Clara Avenue, report of a stove-top fire. Firefighters met with the resident who told them that a small pot of oil on the stove had caught fire. Crewmembers put out the fire and made certain that it had not spread to the wall or cabinets. They ventilated the residence of all residual smoke.
• 6:53 p.m. 500 block of Buena Vista, apartment fire alarm.
• 11:45 p.m. 1600 block of Sherman Street, apartment fire alarm.
Thursday, Feb. 12
Emergency medical responses: 12:44 a.m. Catalina Avenue; 6:37 a.m. Oak Street; 7:15 a.m. Park Street; 8:49 a.m. Willow Street; 9:07 a.m. Willow; 10:20 a.m. Moreland Drive; 10:28 a.m. Atlantic Avenue; 12:17 p.m. Willow; 12:42 p.m. Park Avenue; 2:10 p.m. Willow; 3:24 p.m. Schiller Street; 6:58 p.m. Central Avenue; 11:07 p.m. Willow; 11:19 p.m. Central.
Fire responses: 5:36 a.m. 2400 block of Mariner Square Drive, report of an unusual odor. Firefighters noticed the unusual odor, but were unable to locate its source.
• 5:51 a.m. 2100 block of Clinton Avenue, apartment fire alarm.
• 11 a.m. 2400 block of Central Avenue, citizen assist.
• 3:39 p.m. 1300 block of Park Street, report of smoke in the area. Firefighters determined that the smoke was coming from burning towels behind a clothes dryer. They put out the fire, made certain that it had not spread and ventilated the room of residual smoke.
• 6:50 p.m. 2200 block of Encinal Avenue, commercial fire alarm.
• 8:31 p.m. 1400 block of Oak Street, commercial fire alarm.
Friday, Feb. 13
Emergency medical responses: 1:13 a.m. Park Street; 2:10 a.m. Otis Drive; 4:16 a.m. Lincoln Avenue; 6:17 a.m. Sheffield Road; 7:29 a.m. Santa Clara Avenue; 8:41 a.m. Phoenix Lane; 8:44 a.m. South Shore Center; 9:32 a.m. St. Charles Street; 10:18 a.m. Park Avenue; 11:02 a.m. Mariner Square Drive; 11:20 a.m. Central Avenue; 11:48 a.m. Willow Street; 12 p.m. Park Avenue; 1:11 p.m. Lincoln; 3:12 p.m. Otis; 3:41 p.m. Central; 4:52 p.m. Atlantic Avenue; 6:15 p.m. Purcell Drive; 9:11 p.m. West Trident Avenue; 9:34 p.m. Centre Court; 9:36 p.m. Park Street; 10:01 p.m. Willie Stargell Avenue.
Fire responses: 11:20 a.m. Park Street, block number not given, report of an outside natural gas odor. Firefighters located the source of the odor as an underground gas line that a construction crew had damaged. Crewmembers cordoned off the area and notified Pacific Gas & Electric Co. (PG&E). Firefighters turned the scene over to the PG&E crewmembers when they arrived.
• 1:10 p.m. 200 block of Crolls Garden Court, report of a kitchen fire. Firefighters met with the resident who told them that there was no fire; burning food had set off the smoke alarm. Crewmembers unplugged the oven and removed the burned food. They made certain that there was no fire and ventilated the home of all residual smoke.
Saturday, Feb. 14
Emergency medical responses: 12:46 a.m. Willow Street; 12:48 a.m. Maple Way; 12:52 a.m. Pearl Street; 1:07 a.m. Pacific Avenue; 3:25 a.m. Fir Avenue; 4:31 a.m. Poggi Street; 5:01 a.m. Central Avenue; 7:31 a.m. Central; 12:10 p.m. Willow; 12:33 p.m. Sunset Road; 1:05 p.m. Shore Line Drive; 1:29 p.m. Park Street; 2:35 p.m. Taylor Avenue; 2:58 p.m. Eagle Avenue; 3:09 p.m. Washington Street; 3:40 p.m. Park Avenue; 3:40 p.m. Sunset; 3:55 p.m. Grand Street; 5:18 p.m. Oak Street; 6:30 p.m. Park Street; 8:03 p.m. Central; 10:42 p.m. Blanding Avenue; 10:57 p.m. Grand.
Fire responses: 2:56 a.m. The intersection of Island Drive and Veterans Court, report of a sheared-off fire hydrant. Firefighters turned off the water to the hydrant and notified East Bay Municipal Utilities District.
• 9:52 a.m. 0-100 block of Kinkaid Court, report of a residential structure fire. Firefighters found smoke coming from the garage. They used a pre-connected hose line to extinguish the fire. They were able to contain the fire to the garage. The cause of the fire is under investigation.
• 8:48 p.m. 900 block of Park Street, apartment fire alarm.
Sunday, Feb. 15
Emergency medical responses: 12:10 a.m. Seventh Street in Oakland; 3:30 a.m. Lincoln Avenue; 3:37 a.m. Willie Stargell Avenue; 6:22 a.m. Shannon Circle; 7:44 a.m. Central Avenue; 9:04 a.m. Fernside Boulevard; 1:04 p.m. Willow Street; 3:32 p.m. Santa Clara Avenue; 3:57 p.m. San Antonio Avenue; 6:15 p.m. Webster Street; 6:26 p.m. Mariner Square Drive; 7:39 p.m. Otis Drive; 7:47 p.m. Roosevelt Drive; 11:23 p.m. Greenbrier Road; 11:34 p.m. Willow; 11:41 p.m. Blanding Avenue.
Fire response: 3:15 p.m. 800 block of Oak Street, report of the odor of natural gas. Firefighters met with the reporting party who told them that the odor had dissipated. Crewmembers were unable to smell any gas. They advised resident to call back if the odor returned.