Toy Drive Gets Underway
The Alameda Collaborative for Children, Youth, and their Families (ACCYF) have joined with the Alameda Food Bank, Alameda Red Cross Youth, Alameda firefighters and other community organizations to launch this year’s Alameda Firefighters Toy Program.
The program will ensure that all low-income Alameda families who sign up at the Alameda Food Bank receive age-appropriate holiday toys for their children up to age 12 and gift cards for their youth ages 13 to 16.
Families needing toys are invited to sign up at the Alameda Food Bank between now and Dec. 14. Visit www.alamedafoodbank.org or call 523-5850 for hours and locations. This year, the toy drive especially needs crafts, sports balls and other items for older children.
Help out by dropping off new, unwrapped toys at one of the Alameda Firefighters Toy Program locations listed below. The final pickup for these sites will be Friday, Dec. 16.
A complete list of Alameda Firefighter Toy Program drop-off sites is available at www.alamedaca.gov.
• Alameda Fire Department Station No. 1, 2401 Encinal Ave.
• Alameda Fire Department Station No. 2, 635 Pacific Ave.
• Alameda Fire Department Station No. 3, 1703 Grand St.
• Alameda Fire Department Station No. 4, 2595 Mecartney Road
• Alameda City Hall, 2263 Santa Clara Ave.
• Alameda Police Department, 1555 Oak St.
• Alameda Free Library, 1550 Oak St.
• Alameda Recreation and Park Department. 2226 Santa Clara Ave.
• Alameda Municipal Power, 2000 Grand St.
• Alameda Chamber of Commerce, 2210-D South Shore Center
• Alameda Hospital, Willow Street entrance
• Bank of Marin, 2130 Otis Drive and 1416 Park St.
• Child Unique Montessori, 2226 Encinal Ave.
• Coffee & Tea Traders, 883 Island Drive (Harbor Bay Landing Shopping Center)
• First Community Bank, inside Nob Hill Foods, 2531 Blanding Ave.
• Mastick Senior Center, 1155 Santa Clara Ave.
• McGee’s Bar & Grill, 1645 Park St.
• Rising Star Montessori, 1421 High St.
• Toy Safari, 1401 Park St.
• Tucker’s Ice Cream, 1349 Park St.